best free html templates


An Energy Performance Certificate is required by law when you build, sell or rent a property. It gives the property an energy efficiency rating and recommendations how to reduce energy, save money and increase your rating. It is valid for 10 years.

You will need an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor to carry out your EPC. The assessment should take less than an hour. They will need access to all the rooms and the loft if possible. They take measurements, inside and outside the property, inspect heating systems and take photos of things like the boiler. The assessment is non invasive. The assessor then inputs all the data and produces an Energy Performance Certificate which is lodged on the central register.

Yes, you cannot lease out a property without an EPC. Check the cost of the company that your agent uses as they are often not very competitive. 

A new EPC test would have to be done, This is a must if you're selling or renting even if you old EPC is still in date. You will improve your energy efficiency rating making the property much more appealing to house hunters.

No you don't BUT having an EPC carried out on your property can point out areas where energy efficiency can be improved and thus save you money.

I have been a fully qualified and accredited Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) since 2014. I am insured and accredited though Elmhurst Energy and I am Disclosure Scotland registered.


• 1 to 2 bedrooms £60
• 3 to 4 bedrooms £70
• 5 or more bedrooms, please call me to discuss. 

I cover Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire. I will visit your property at a convenient time for you and once completed, email the Energy Performance Certificate within 24 hours. I will also send a copy to your specified leasing agent, solicitor or landlord if requested..

If you would like to book an EPC or need further information

please use any of the following

07594 181651

Contact form

EPC booking form

Follow us on Facebook